Saturday, July 5, 2014

I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar

June 11 was the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning... however that saying goes. All I know is I was a free woman. I worked for fifteen years at a company I'd planned to work at for no more than a few years. But one turned into two and two into ten and before I knew it, fifteen years had passed. I don't regret staying that long. I met the man of my dreams there. He's my best friend and father of my darling daughter. It was at this company that I had conversations that changed the course of my life. So I definitely do not regret my time there. What I do regret is losing myself in the process. Honestly, I don't think I ever "had myself" which means technically, I couldn't have "lost myself", right? Well, figuratively speaking, I forgot what it felt like to breath... to smell the trees and walk barefoot in the grass. And that my friends, is where you find me today. Welcome to my age of discovery...

No comments: